Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Frustrated Efforts Lead to Sneezure

Browsing with Flock I attempted to add my Blinklist tag cloud to Blogger. The preview works as expected, with the cloud displayed just to my liking. Tap the View Blog button or go direct to the URL and all I see is a box with the Header and Footer - NO CLOUD! Trying to locate solutions from either Blinklist or Blogger resulted in nothing but an even more aggravating (and temporarily debilitating) fit of sneezes; what I have termed a "Sneezure". My right sinus still itches/tickles thereby promising yet another episode should I return to the bigger issue: The question I have is not listed and I have no idea where to post it. Furthermore, once posted, and without without an email notification pointing back to the thread, I have no idea where to return for a potential answer.

To further add to this complexity, I have considered adding a forum directly to this blog. I also have both a chat client and IM which I may include at a later time. First; however, I shall have to do some social surfing through a "friends" network to attempt the generation of at least a couple of more-or-less regular contacts. Not one of my contacts in the "real world" has any interest what-so-ever in the true Global Society. Pity. I once saw a "sticker" on a social site which read, "I love my computer. All my friends live there." Want to be one? Check my contacts panel.

Configuration (Security) Complications

It figures, my own browser security prevented me from seeing that which most of the freeWeb could view quite readily. A cookie cutter problem really, blogspot was not specifically "allowed" and the normal A/V indicators offered no assistance; therefore, due to the need to protect myself from the cyber-terrorists of the world I suffered a sneezurious breakdown. (See http://www.addictionary.org/ for my definition of "sneezure", and this one from another contributer: "stoptional" (adjective) the condition where a stop sign is posted at an intersection but drivers seem to think that coming to a complete stop is their choice; not required or mandatory.)

All is well that ends with cool fresh water IN the well...
(Grandma had a mineral rich Artesian well out at her place.)


blog comments powered by Disqus

Community Commentary (powered by DisQus)

"There's no reason to treat software any differently from other products. Today Firestone can produce a tire with a single systemic flaw and they're liable, but Microsoft can produce an operating system with multiple systemic flaws discovered per week and not be liable. This makes no sense, and it's the primary reason security is so bad today."
Bruce Schneier, Cryptogram, 16/04/2002

Creative writing demands better word selection; interactive word mapping expands your choices.

"In studying the history of the human mind one is impressed again and again by the fact that the growth of the mind is the widening of the range of consciousness, and that each step forward has been a most painful and laborious achievement. One could almost say that nothing is more hateful to man than to give up even a particle of his unconsciousness. Ask those who have tried to introduce a new idea!"
Carl Jung
Swiss psychologist (1875 - 1961)

Would you like the tremendous advantages of mature writing skills plus an expressive style?

ABOUT: The conception and birth of V.O.I.D.

My photo
V.O.I.D. evolved in my sleep; becoming a waking dream which was then compounded by intuitive leaps. Formerly known as "w2w_Webfly's World" this site became the centerpiece of my socio-economic network. As such, the webfly persona no longer served as an iconoclastic representation of what I do here in CyberVille. I am still w2w_Webfly on many sites and will stay such for a while; perhaps gradually shifting screen names to w2wScribe. An attempt to establish an AIM profile registered the name but, not the profile. Ready, fire AIM.
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee -- that will do them in."
Bradley's Bromide
"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

RuneScape Multi-Player Game